…and experimenting with eco-friendly art supplies!
Here are some watercolors I did last year! As I mentioned in my botanical ink post, I’ve been experimenting with eco-friendly art supplies. These were done with Natural Earth Paint*, which come as bags of powdered pigment that you have to mix with a binding agent yourself, and spoon into the little watercolor pans. So that was fun!
Here is a bit of backstory for each picture:
The four pictures that make up the top and left borders were painted on location (or plein air if we’re being fancy and French) while camping on Santa Cruz Island. I did some outlining with a fountain pen when I got back.
It took me a while to get the hang of watercolor again, after doing so much monochrome, which is why the first two have a subtle rainbow effect going on. I like it, though it’s not quite intentional.
The other three that make up the right and bottom borders are painted from photos of the Himalayas that my sister took. I took two scans of the first one with slightly different settings, and I can’t decide which I like better.
More pictures to come as I get them scanned and uploaded!
*Not a sponsored post, by the way.